Department of Preventive & Social Dentistry, College of Dentistry, Kyung Hee University1
This study focused on the status of dental care development for children and adolescents. In contrast to the chronic disease management project, this research intended to provide basic data for the expansion of the system. We summarized the status of the system’s expansion since 2012. It analyzed research reports, papers, related literature and books on the system of children and adolescent dental care service. The literature analysis classifies year, publication, title and published location. The current state of the system is listed as location, target, support funds, etc. Implementation of the project was first discussed in 2007. Initial planning focused on the Oral Health Policy Research Society of the Gunchi. Effective measures were formulated in 2008 under the center of the Gunchi. It is time to discuss the dental care system’s direction and development, as well as future aims based on a beneficial program of preventive care. A system of dentistry should be introduced to benefit the entire population.
1. Shon CW, Kim JA. Policy evaluation of family dentist system for students and children of low-income households and its suggestions. Seoul: Seoul Institute; 2016: 1-140.
2. Macintyre S. The Black report and beyond what are the issues? Soc Sci Med 1997;44(6): 723-45.
3. Shin SC. Correlation between social, economical and dental environmental factors and oral health in different countries. Acad Oral Health 2011;35(2):216-26.
4. Kim MJ, Han DH, Kim JB. Effect of the family dentist system on oral health status of children and adolescents in Busan, Korea. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2013;13(3):501-7.
5. Lee KH, Kim JY, Song JH, Kim YH, Im RU, Jeong SY. Present state and prospect of public dental health service for children and adolescents in Korea. J Korean Acad Pediatr Dent 2008;35:578-88.
6. Go BS. Family doctor system, it's a health-saving system, a community hospital. 1st ed. Seoul: Window of the times; 2010: 1-269.
7. Jung SH, Kim YN, Kim YJ, Kim CS, Ryu JI. Basic research for introducing the dental family doctor system for children and adolescents(1). Seoul Gunchi 2010:1-71[In press].
8. Jung SH, Park YJ, Bae SM. Oral health promotion program of community children care center throughout community based network. Gangneung: Gangneung Wonju National University Industry Academy Cooperation Group, Health Promotion Program Support Group; 2007: 1-147.
9. Ryu JI, Kim YJ, Park JH, Kim HJ, Kim JA, Jung JI, et al. An analysis of dental service items and dental fees in registered dentists. J Korean Acad Oral Health 2013;37(1):31-40.
10. Ryu JI. The concept and status of the system of child·adolescent dental care service. Journal of the Korean Academy of Dental Insurance 2012;12;3(1):13-22[In press].
11. Ufsbd. MT DENTS [Internet]. Ufsbd.[cited 2019 May 27]. Available from: https://www. www.ufsbd.fr/mtdents1/.
12. Oh IH, Yoon SJ, Kim EJ. The burden of disease in Korea. J Korean Med Assoc 2011;54: 646-52.
13. Kim HS, Yoo BN, Lee EW. Evaluation of the national chronic diseases management policy: performance and future directions. Seoul: Office of Policy Research for Future Healthcare; 2019: 116-9.
14. Yoon SJ. Future directions of chronic disease management in South Korea. J Korean Med Assoc 2012;55(5):414-6.
15. Cho MW. A study on the direction of the new chronic disease management project based on primary health care. Seoul: Korean Medical Association; 2014; 3: 36-41.
16. Lee JC. Primary care development plans and future perspectives under the healthcare delivery system. Sejong: Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs; 2015; 12: 17-30.
17. Nattinger MC, Mueller K, Ullrich F, Zhu X. Financial performance of rural medicare ACOs. J Rural Health 2019;34(1):98-102.