Department of Dental Hygiene, Shin-han University1
Objectives: The purpose of this study was to provide the basic data necessary for the development of educational programs and materials that enable the public to have accurate knowledge and awareness of fluoride. Methods: A survey was conducted from December 2016 on 354 members of the public, aged 20 or older in South Korea to find out the effects of using toothbrush. The results can be summarized as follows. Statistical analysis of the collected data was performed using the SPSS WIN 21.0 statistical program. Results: As a result of examining the factors affecting the perception of fluoride, when fluoride education was experienced (p<0.01), fluoride was recognized (p<0.01), fluoride was experienced (p<0.05), When fluoride was considered to be good (p<0.01), the perception of fluoride was high. Conclusions: The perception of fluoride was relatively low, and the need for more active promotion of fluoride was identified. Therefore, dental medical personnel and the personnel who carry out the oral health education should make the people actively carry out education about fluoride.
1. The rapid rise of oral diseases caused by westernized eating habits[Internet]. Munhwanews. [cited 2017 Apr 27]. Available from: http://m.munhwanews.com/news/articleView.html?idxno= 51564&_adtbrdg=e#_adtReady
2. Dental Perfume[Internet]. Google.[cited 2017 October 20]. Avaliable from: https://patents. google.com/patent/KR101632910B1/ko.
3. Caries’s Prevention[Internet] Naver post.[cited 2017 Aug 17]. Available from: http://post.naver. com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=9152771&memberNo=1891127&vType=VERTICAL
4. Nam YT, Kim YR. A comparative study on oral health index after oral health care program for orthodontic patients. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2017;17(2):215-24. https://doi.org/10.13065/ jksdh.2017.17.02.203
5. Kim SA, Kim KS, Kim MJ, Kim MY, Kim SJ, et al. Contemporary preventive dentistry. 2nd ed. Seoul: DaehanNarae Publising; 2016: 130-1.
6. Lee BK, Kim TY, KIM JC. A study on fluoride concentration changes after excretion of fluoride. J Dent Hyg Sci 2000;27(1):62-9.
7. Kim SJ. A study of oral health recognition and behaviors of college students in Jeonbuk [Master’s thesis]. Iksan: Univ. of Wonkwang, 2012.
8. Kim JK. A study on awareness for fluoride of a christian church. J Korea Enviro Engine Res 2009;24(4):39-48.
9. Ryoo KJ. Relevance between school oral health business and dental caries experience [Master’s thesis]. Gyeongsan: Univ. of Kyungsan, 2001.
10. Baek BJ, Kim MR, Kim JG, Lee SL, Yang YM. The questionnaire survey of new patients and parents regarding fluoride. J Korean Acad Pediat Dent 1999;26(4):608-15.
11. Park HR, Ku IY, Moon SJ. A study on a way to use fluorine and th recognition level by the education career periods of elementary school teachers in Jinhae region. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2011;11(1):59-67.
12. Kim SR, Kim SH, Kim CR, Park JW, Hwang SJ. Experience and recognition of fluorides for caries prevention: Focusing on one university. J Korean Dent Hyg Sci 2014;14(4):508-88. https://doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2014.14.4.580
13. Jeoung JH. Dental survey for middle and high school student at Anseong-si as water fluori-dated area[Master’s thesis]. Cheonan: Univ. of Dankook, 2013.
14. Dental Caries[Internet]. Naver Wikipedia.[cited 2017 Nov 29]. Available from: http://terms. naver.com/entry.nhn?docId=926977&cid=51007&categoryId=51007.
15. Oral care tips for healthy teeth[Internet]. Chonnam national university hospital[cited 2017 Nov 29]. Available from: http://www.cnuh.com/sub.html?table_id=healthinfo01&d=224&target=& keyword=&formtype=view&page=27&code=18571.
16. Kim MJ, Kim YI, Lim CY. Oral health behaviors that caused by periodic oral examinations of patient who visited dental hygiene practical lab for clinical dental hygiene practical training. J Korean Acad Dent Hyg 2015;15(1):1-9.
17. Moon SJ, Park JH, Choi YC, Choi SC. The study of changes in oral health care of preschoolers in Taebaek city through oral hygiene education. J Korean Acad Pediat Dent 2009;36(1):71-7.
18. Kim RY. A survey on the perception of fluoride in Jeju citizens. J Cheju Tour College 2004;10:45-52.
19. Park SY, Ryu SY. A study on the use of dental hygiene devices in Korean adolescents. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2017;17(2):181-91. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2017.17.02.181
20. Sin HY. Survey on preference and satisfaction of teeth whitening : Focused on the case of oneday whitening procedure[Master’s thesis]. Cheonan: Univ. of Dankook, 2010.