Department of Dental Hygiene, Shin-han University1
Objectives: The purpose of this study is to contribute to providing more effective basic data for adults ’oral health management in their future. Methods: The study investigated factors that influence oral health care and oral health behavior depending on the heterosexual status for about one month from Aug. of 2017 on 20 unmarried adults living in Seoul and Gyeonggi-do. Statistical analysis of the collected data was performed using the SPSS WIN 21.0 statistical program. Results: The factors affecting the oral health behavior were high (p<0.001) while oral hygiene products (p<0.05) and interdental toothbrush (p<0.05) were found to have a positive effect on oral health behavior. However, it was found that the times of brushing were less than three (p<0.05) and the time for brushing was two minutes (p<0.05), which negatively affects oral health behavior. The concern of oral health was high (p<0.001), whiledental hygiene products (p<0.05), interdental toothbrush (p<0.05) and mouth saliva (p<0.05) were found to have positive effects on oral health care. Conclusions: Based on the results above, it was found that the concern and the behavior of oral health increased depending on the heterosexual status. The reason for this is that the motivation for oral care is more likely to be induced to make oneself attractive by making a resignation. Therefore, in order to promote oral health care and oral health activities, it is necessary to precede the motivation.
1. Lee BG, Lee JH. Recognition and satisfaction of dental care customers after 1 year national health insurance coverage of dental scaling. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2016;16(2):185-93. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2016.16.02.185
2. Kim BO, Kim SA, Kim YJ, Seo EJ, Shim HS, Yang JS, et al. Periodontology. 2nd ed. Seoul: Daehannarae; 2009: 47-9.
3. Yoon MM. A study on knowledge and perception of dental scaling of adult[Master’s thesis]. Seoul: Univ. of Hanyang, 2014.
4. Ju OJ, Kang EJ, Woo SH, Lee AJ, Lee HJ, Park MH. Recognition between layperson and den-tal hygienists on expansion of health insurance of scaling. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2014;14(3): 431-8. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.03.431
5. Statistics Korea, Korea Statistical Information System (KOSIS), Statistic DB, Dental exami-na-tion of his age group[Internet]. [cited 2015 Sep 03]. Available from: http:// kosis.kr/wnsearch/ totalSearch.jsp
6. Lee MS, Im HJ. The factors of oral health beliefs on scaling performance by national health insurance coverage in consumers. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2015;15(1):31-8. https://doi.org/10. 13065/jksdh.2015.15.01.31
7. Kang YJ, Jang GW, Jeong MK. Oral health attitudes and behaviors among clients receiving sca-ling. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2011;11(5):773-82.
8. Lee HS, Lee KH. Recognition about national health insurance of dental scaling in industry accident injury patients. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2013;13(4):561-8. https://doi.org/10.13065/ iksdh.2013.13.4.561
9. Lee MS, Lim HJ. The factors of oral health beliefs on scaling performance by national health insu-rance coverage in consumers. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2015;15(1):31-8. https://doi.org/10.13065/ jksdh.2015.15.01.31
10. Jung JY, Lim MH. Awareness and satisfaction toward health insurance coverage of scaling. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2015;15(6):1107-16. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.06.1107
11. Ministry of Health and Welfare. Press release of the insurance benefit division for ministry of health and welfare; even the scaling insurance application is made to age over 20 from July (Once a year). Seoul: Ministry of health and welfare; 2013.
12. Ha MY. A study on the changes in consumers’awareness and the rate of scaling in each region after its coverage by the national health insurance scheme[Master’s thesis]. Seoul: Univ. of Dan-kook, 2015.
13. Lee KH, Son JY, Lee HO, Shin SH, Jeon HJ, You HJ, et al. Factors affecting the recognition about scaling after health insurance benefit business for scaling by national health insurance corporation. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2017;17(3):355-68. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2017.17. 03.355
14. Gwon MY. Awareness on the addition of dental scaling to the coverage list of the national health insurance system. J Korean Soc Multicultur Health 2016;6(2):1-8.
15. Hwang JM, Kim JH, Park YD. Dental service providers satisfaction with dental health insu-rance. J Korean Acad Dent Health 2010;34(2):214-21.