Department of Biomedical Health Science, Graduate School, Dong-Eui University1
Department of Dental Hygiene, Masan University2
Department of Dental Hygiene, Dong-Eui University3
Objectives: The purpose of this study is to analyze the descriptive correlation of the commission intended to provide effective working practices to enhance job satisfaction and organizational engagement by examining the work environment of the dental hygienist. Methods: After the IRB approval, the subjects were dental hygienists working for dental hospitals and clinics in Busan from May 1st to May 31th of 2017. And the final 153 questionnaires were analyzed to SPSS 23.0 for windows, SPSS Inc. Chicago, IL. USA. The data was analyzed using average standard deviation, t-test, one-way ANOVA and multiple regression analysis. Results: The average working environment of the subjects was found to be 3.37±0.53 points with the average job satisfaction of the subjects of 3.29±0.50 points and the average organizational commitment of the subjects of 3.25±0.59 points. As the working conditions of the working environment are higher, it revealed that the higher the working environment, the better the job satisfaction. Conclusions: In conclusion, this study showed that the ability to support managers' abilities, leadership, and dental hygienists is the most influential factor in job satisfaction and organizational involvement. Also, hospital administrators are encouraged to provide excellent work and leadership skills to enhance both the quality of work and that of work ethic.
1. Lee MO. Factors influencing on job satisfaction, organizational commitment and cognitive happiness among dental hygienists[Doctoral dissertation]. Busan: Univ. of Inje, 2012.
2. Kim YS, Park HS. A study on work environment and job satisfaction of dental hygienists in Daegu and Gyeongsangbukdo. J Dent Hyg Sci 2012;12(6):600-6.
3. Choi HJ, Bang HJ, Chung EY, Seo YJ. Factors that affect the level of emotional labor in dental hygienists. J Dent Hyg Sci 2014;14(3):295-301.
4. Lee CS, Park SY, Park HM, You Y, Shin EK, Chae SI, et al. Influential job-related cha-rac-te-ristics for the job satisfaction and turnover possibility of dental hygienists. J Dent Hyg Sci 2012; 12(6):666-74.
5. Yoon MS, Choi MS, Lee KH. A study on the job satisfaction of dental hygienists. J Dent Hyg Sci 2005;5(3):145-53.
6. Park GJ, Kim YN. Factors influencing organizational commitment among hospital nurses. J Korean Nurs Admi Acad Soc 2010;16(3):250-8.
7. Kwon SJ, Bae SK. Analysis of impact factors of affective commitment in organization of den-tal hygienist in Busan area : focused on quality of working life (QWL). J Korean Contents Soc 2009;9(5):156-65.
8. Lee ML, Lee HC. The effect influence of job satisfaction on turnover intention in dental hygie-nists. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2016;16(2):303-11. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2016.16.02. 303
9. So MH, Kim SS. The effects of behavior of preventive treatment on job satisfaction in dental hygienist. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2011;11(6):951-9.
10. Park MR, Lee JH. Job satisfaction of dental hygienists on general characteristics. Asia-pacific J Multimedia Services Cover Art Humanities Sociology 2016;6(5):89-100.
11. Lake ET. Development of the practice environment scale of the nursing work index. Res Nurs Health 2002;25:176-88.
12. Cho EH, Choi MN, Kim EY, Yoo IY, Lee NJ. Construct validity and reliability of the Korean version of the practice environment scale of nursing work index for Korean nurses. J Korean Acad Nurs 2011;41(3):325-32.
13. Kim IS. Impact of practice environment on job satisfaction and organizational commitment among hospital nurses[Master’s thesis]. Seoul: Univ. of Hanyang, 2015.
14. Smith PC, Kendall LM, Hulin CL. The measurement of satisfaction in work and retirement a strategy for the study of attitudes. 13th ed. Chicago: Rand McNally; 1969: 169-76.
15. Mowday RT, Steers RM, Porter LW. The measurement of organizational commitment. J Voca Beha 1979;14:224-47.
16. Shim HS, Lee HL. A study on factors affecting the job satisfaction of dental hygienists in part areas. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2010;10(4):555-65.
17. Oh EH, Chung BY. The effect of empowerment on nursing performance, job satisfaction, orga-nizational commitment, and turnover intention in hospital nurses. J Korean Acad Nurs Adm 2011; 17(4):391-401.
18. Lee SG, Kim TS. A study on employees health protection in long working hours. Korean Assoc Soc Secu Law 2017;31:113-46.
19. Choi HN, Lim SR, Cho YS. Factors associated with turnover intention of dental hygienist. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2010;10(6):973-81.
20. Cheon HW. A research on the job satisfaction of dental hygienists an area in Jellabuk-do -the focus of management system. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2009;9(3):329-41.