Department of Health Education & Management, The Graduate school of Ewha Womans University1
Department of Dental Hygiene, Daegu Health College2
Objectives: The purpose of this study is to provide basic data on the continuous management and institutional measures in the future by understanding the research trends of patient safety in healthcare field. Methods: The data were extracted from 2011-2016 KoreaMed, KMBase, KISS, NDSL and KISTI. Data were analysis by frequency analysis using the SPSS 14.0 program. Results: 87.0% of the studies were quantitative studies. As for the method of sampling, ‘No use’ was the highest at 56.5%. Most of the participants in the study were ‘nurses’ (50.7%). 19 hospitals (35.8%) were the most common. The subjects of the study consisted of 35 (51.5%) patients’ safety culture (awareness) and 20 (29.4%) ‘safety nursing activities’. Conclusions: Patient safety and patient safety should be maintained. Further, a mature patient safety culture should be settled through cooperation management among medical staff.
1. Shin EJ. A study on patient safety and it’s legal system. J Korean Med and Law 2015;23(2): 7-31. https://doi.org/10.17215/kaml.2015.12.23.2.7
2. WHO. The conceptual framework for the international classification for patient safety. Geneva: WHO; 2009: 15.
3. Kim MR. Concept analysis of patient safety. J Korean Acad Nurs 2011;41:1-8.
4. Kim JO, Lee MJ. A comparative study on the patient safety law. J Korean Med and Law 2015;23:67-89. https://doi.org/10.17215/kaml.2015.12.23.2.67
5. Lee JH, Lee SI. Quality improvement in health. Korean Society for Quality in Health Care 2009;15:9-18.
6. Kang MA, Kim JE, An KA, Kim Y, Kim SH. Physicians’ perception of and attitudes towards patient safety culture and medical error reporting. Korean J Heal Poli and Admin 2005;15: 110-35.
7. Lee SI. Quality of care: patient safety. J Korean Med Law 2015;5:24-57.
8. Denham CR. Trust: the 5 rights of the second victim. J Patient Saf 2007;3:107-19. https://doi. org/10.1097/01.jps.0000236917.02321.fd
9. Lee SI. Develop institutional improvement plan for patient safety promotion. Cheongju: KCDC; 2013: 14.
10. Korea ministry of government legislation. patient safety law[Internet]. [cited 2017 August 20]. Available from: http://www.law.go.kr/lsSc.do
11. Choi JH. How to conduct mixed methods in situation analysis. J Korean Acad PR 2014;18: 169-86.
12. Cho HA, Shin HS. A systematic review of published studies on patient safety in Korea. J Korean Acad Dent Admin 2014;1:61-82.
13. Walker LO, Avant KC. Concept analysis. strategies for theory construction in nursing. J Korea Acad Ind Coop Soc 2005;3:37-54.