Department of Dental Hygiene, Masan University1
This study was conducted to provide a basic set of data on the correlation relationship between the internal ․ external satisfaction and organizational commitment of dental hygienist. The research subjects were a total 264 numbers of dental hygienists in Busan and Gyeongnam. The study was conducted from July 1 to August 30, 2016. Structured questionnaires were used for analysis. The collected data was analyzed using IBM SPSS. Statistics 20.0. Job satisfaction according to general characteristics showed high internal satisfaction and external satisfaction in age and prime duty, and internal satisfaction in career. The factors affecting organizational commitment were sub-factors of job satisfaction, external satisfaction and internal satisfaction. The atmosphere composition must be to improve that in the dental clinic, the dental hygienist's scope of work, autonomy, and sense of accomplishment through job the organizational commitment of the dental hygienists. This should be supported by the effective management of human resources, salary structure and the improvement of the system.
1. Ryu GS, Jin H, Yea GE, Kim MJ, Seo EJ. A study on the well-being of worker. Seoul: Samsung Economic Research Institute; 2013: 20-31.
2. Won BY, Jang GW, Kwun HS, Kang KH, Kang YH, Kwun SB, et al. Dental Hygieology. Seoul: ChungKuPublisher; 2014: 15-50.
3. Kang SG, Lee GD, Lee CH, Choo H. Organizational behavior. Seoul: Hyungseul; 2014:1-736.
4. Yang CS. Organizational behavior. Paju: Bobmunsa; 2007: 1-595.
5. Morrow PC. The theory and measurement of work commitment. Greenwich, CT: JAI Press; 1993: 10-45.
6. Jeong YH, Sim YS. An empirical study on the difference of employee`s organizational commitment based on demographic characteristics. The Korean Journal of Human Resource Development Quarterly 2004;6(2):95-126.
7. Kim WB, Lee KY. Trust as social capital and organizational commitment. Korean Sociological Association 2002;36(3):1-23.
8. Cho MS, Lee SS, Kim JH. Relationship of resilience and organizational commitment in dental hygienists. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2014;14(5):695-701. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014. 14.5.695.
9. Lee JC, No HR. Influence of burnout on job commitment in dental hygienists: in the Gyeongsang-do region. J Digit Converg 2016;14(6):31-42.
10. Kim YJ, Han KS. Relationships among emotional leadership, commitment, patient orientation, and job performance in dental hygienists. J Dent Hyg Sci 2015;15(5):551-9.
11. Jeong JY. The analysis on the casual model between university educational satisfaction and occupational satisfaction mediated by occupational values. Educational Administration Quarterly 2013;31(1):53-83.
12. Seo YW, Lee SG. The study on the influence of hospitality industry employee’s performance on job satisfaction, organizational commitment and turnover intention. The Tourism Science Society of Korea Report 2009; 17-36.
13. Jeong JM. Effects of person-organization fit and job satisfaction on organizational commitment and turnover intention. Korean Journal of Broadcasting and Telecommunication Studies 2008;22(3):290-331.
14. Lee ML, Lee HC. The effect influence of job satisfaction on turnover intention in dental hygienists. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2016;16(2):303-11. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2016. 16.2.303.
15. Lee SS. Professionalism and job satisfaction in dental hygienists. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2013;13:535-42.
16. Youn HJ, Park YN, Ha MO. A study on factors affecting the job satisfaction of dental hygienists in Gwangju. J Korean Acad Dent Hyg Edu 2009;9(4):699-714.
17. Jeong GH, Kim TI. Comparative analysis of job satisfaction between public and private organizations in korean labor and income study data. Korean Policy Studies Review 2003; 12(3):1-28.
18. Park IR. A validation study of the minnesota satisfaction questionnaire (MSQ) job satisfaction, extrinsic value, intrinsic value, general value[Master’s thesis]. Seoul: Univ. of Seoul National, 2008.
19. Hong KI. The structural relationship among employees happiness, social support, self- efficacy, job satisfaction and organizational commitment[Doctoral dissertation]. Daegu: Univ. of Keimyung, 2014.
20. Meyer JP, Allen NJ, Smith CA. Commitment to organizations and occupations: extension and test of a three-component conceptusalization. J Appl Psychol 1993;78(4):538-51.
21. Park GS. Study on understanding of the work flow : the development and validation of the korean work flow scale and Identifying antecedents and consequences of work flow[Doctoral dissertation]. Seoul: Univ. of Kwangwoon National, 2007.
22. Jeong HW. A study on the effect of core employee policy and core employee management system on competitiveness of human resource and organizational commitment in SMEs. Asia Pacific Journal of Information Systems 2013;32(3):153-72.
23. Lee MO. Factors influencing on job satisfaction, organizational commitment and cognitive happiness among dental hygienists[Doctoral dissertation]. Kimhae: Univ. of Inje, 2011.
24. Rutter M. Resilience in face of adversity. protective factors and resilience to psychiatric disorder. Br J Psychiatry 1985;147:598-611.
25. Dyer JG, Mcguinness TM. Resilience: analysis of the concept. Arch Psychiatr Nurs 1996; 10(5):276-82.
26. Steers RM. Antecedents and outcomes of organizational commitment. Adm Sci Q 1977; 22(1):46-56.
27. Glisson C, Durick M. Predictors of job satisfaction and organizational commitment in human service organization. Adm Sci Q 1988;33(1):61-81.
28. Kim HY, Choi JO, Sung MK. The effect of self-efficacy and job satisfaction of dental hygienists’ on the organizational commitment. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2012;12(1):213-23.
29. Lee HK, Kim MJ, Lim YS. Dental hygienist, the relationship between empowerment and organizational commitment. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2010;10(4):645-54.
30. Park HS, Choi HS. The study on the relation of empowerment of dental hygienists and job satisfaction immersion in the organization dental hygienist. J Dent Hyg Sci 2005;11(1):175-83.
31. Park SY. A study on the relationship between social worker’s empowerment and organizational commitment[Master’s thesis]. Daegu: Univ. of Daegu, 2008.