Department of Dental Hygiene, Hanseo University1
Department of Dental Hygiene, Daejeon Health Institute of Technology2
Department of Dental Hygiene, Jinju Health College3
Department of Dental Hygiene, Yeoju Institute of Technology4
Department of Dental Hygiene, Konyang University5
Department of Dental Hygiene, Kwangju Women’s University6
Department of Dental Hygiene, Gwangju Health University7
Department of Dental Hygiene, Daegu Health College8
Department of Dental Hygiene, Ulsan College9
Department of Dental Hygiene, Taegu Science University10
Department of Dental Hygiene, Youngsan University11
Objectives: The purpose of study is to investigate trends in dental hygiene research published in the Journal of Korean Society Dental Hygiene. Methods: Total of 992 researches were published between 2001 to 2015 were reviewed using analysis criteria. Results: 23.7% of the researches were supported financially. The most frequent research topics were oral health (40.9%). 3 to 5 researchers per research (38.5%) was most common and 84.1% of principal researchers were professors. 29 researchers were approved by IRB (2011 to 2015). As for the type of research, 87.1% of quantitative studies adapted survey and 9.5% adapted experiment. Convenient sampling was used in 85.6% of the researches. 32.7% of studies searched information in school. Interventions of dental material were the most in pre experimental design (19.2%) and Interventions of activation of oral health program were the most in quasi experimental design (37.5%). Conclusions: The findings of this study suggested the recent trends and the direction in dental hygiene research.
1. Kim EK, Kim YJ, Kim CH, Park MS, Ahn GS, Yun MS, et al. Dental hygiene standard education and development. Seoul: Korean Dental Hygiene Association․Korean Association Dental Hygiene Professors; 2005: 1-239.
2. Jang JH, Won BY, Jang GW, Kim SK, Oh SH, Kim YJ, et al.Trend analysis of research in the Journal of Korean Society Dental Hygiene from 2001 to 2015. Daejeon: Korean Soc Dent Hyg; 2017: 1-43.
3. www.kci.go.kr. kciportal[Internet].[cited 2016 November 16]. Available from: https://www. kci.go.kr/kciportal/po/search/poCitaSear.kci?view_type=directory
4. Kang BW, Ahn SY, Kim SK, Yoo YS, Yoo EM, Lee SM. The research trends of papers in the journal of Korean society of dental hygiene. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2010;10(6):991-1000.
5. Choe MA, Jeong JS, Lim KC, Kim JH, Kim KS, Kwon JS, et al. Research trend of studies published in journal of Korean clinical nursing research, 1995-2008. J Korean Clin Nurs Res 2010;16(2):95-105.
6. Lee KE, Park YR, Cho KJ, Park MJ. Research trends in the Korean biological nursing science - based on analysis of the research papers published in the Journal of Korean Biological Nursing Science from 1999 to 2010. J Korean Biol Nurs Sci 2011;13(2):81-93.
7. Lee MH, Sohn JN, Won CS, Chung MS, Hyun MS, Han KS, et al. Trend of psychiatric nursing research by analysis of the published paper in Journal of Korean Academy of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing: on papers from 1992 to 2006. 2007;16(3):295-307.
8. Kim HY, Cho YS, Hwang SJ. Statistical analysis and interpretation of survey results in dental hygiene. J Dent Hyg Sci 2011;11(2):63-7.