Department of Dental Hygiene, Shinhan University1
Objectives: The purpose of this study was to examine the recognition about scaling after health insurance benefit business for scaling by national health insurance corporation for the general public. Methods: In order to examine the recognition about scaling after health insurance benefit business for scaling by national health insurance corporation for the general public, study subjects were selected from those who are over 20 years old, living in Seoul and Gyeonggi province since December 2016. Among 300 selected subjects, data of 279 subjects were used for the analysis which is 93% of selected data, except 21 data with insufficient responses. Results: Results of examined factors affecting the recognition about scaling after health insurance benefit business for scaling by national health insurance corporation for the general public show that the recognition about scaling after national health insurance benefit is affected by female (p<0.05), past smoker (p<0.01), exercise more than 3 times a week (p<0.05) and 1-2 times a month (p<0.001) in order. Conclusions: It is necessary to prepare a plan to properly inform the national health insurance benefit for dental scaling and to raise the recognition about the necessity of scaling.
1. Lee SY. Antimicrobial effect of essential oils on oral bacteria[Doctoral dissertation]. Jeonju: Univ. of Chunbook nation, 2008.
2. Park GG. A study on the application of national health insurance of dental scaling[Master’s thesis]. Seoul: Univ. of Korea, 2006.
3. Kim BO, Kim SA, Kim YJ, Seo EJ, Shim HS, Yang JS, et al. Periodontology. 2nd ed. Seoul: Daehannarae; 2009:47-9.
4. Medical information of Seoul national university hospital. Scaling[Internet]. Seoul national university hospital.[cited 2012 January 16]. Available from:https://terms.naver.com/entry.nhn? docId=927737&mobile&cid=51007&categoryId=51007#TABLE_OF_CONTENT1
5. Yoon MM. A study on knowledge and perception of dental scaling of adult[Master’s thesis]. Seoul: Univ. of Hanyang, 2014.
6. Do JI. (The) Effect oral health education has on the knowledge and behavior concerning oral health : focused on the area middle school & high school students in the Cheongyang, Chung-cheongnamdo Province[Master’s thesis]. Gongju: Univ. of Gongju, 2014.
7. Denfoline. Expansion of scaling insurance coverage, enlightment to save the dental system [Internet]. Denfoline.[cited 2012 January 16]. Available from: https://www.denfoline.co.kr.
8. Ha MY. A study on the changes in consumers’ awareness and the rate of scaling in each region after its coverage by the national health insurance scheme[Master’s thesis]. Seoul: Univ. of Dankook, 2015.
9. Lee BG, Lee JH. Recognition and satisfaction of dental care customers after 1 year national health insurance coverage of dental scaling. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2016;16(2):185-93. http://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2016.16.02.185
10. Lee HS, Lee KH. Recognition about national health insurance of dental scaling in industry accident injury patients. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2013;13(4):561-8. https://doi.org/10.13065/ iksdh.2013.13.4.561
11. Lee MS, Lim HJ. The factors of oral health beliefs on scaling performance by national health insurance coverage in consumers. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2015;15(1):31-8. https://doi.org/ 10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.01.31
12. Gwon MY. Awareness on the addition of dental scaling to the coverage list of the national health insurance system. J Korean Soc Multicultur Health 2016;6(2):1-8.
13. ]Tistory. Scaling cycle every 3-12 months[Internet]. Tistory.[cited 2012 January 16]. Available from: https://big-source.tistory.com/100
14. Jung JY, Lim MH. Awareness and satisfaction toward health insurance coverage of scaling. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2015;15(6):1107-16. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.06.1107
15. Yun JH. A survey of perception of medical customer’s about dental infection control[Master’s thesis]. Iksan: Univ. of Wonkwang, 2013.