Department of Dental Hygiene, Vision college of Jeonju1
The purpose of this study was to review the correlation between self-concept and organization of socialization in professional settings among dental hygienists.Statistical analysis was carried out on the collected data to identify any correlation between frequency and percentages. Cronbach’s alpha value and one-way ANOVA were conducted. SPSS 12.0 was used to conduct a correlation analysis on self-concept and socialization in professional settings. Validity of the research tools was also confirmed. There was a correlation between the identity and job satisfaction, with the figures showing great variance. Satisfaction was correlated with the nature of the corporation and job performance. In addition, communication had a negative correlation between job characteristics and identities, job performance, while, organizational commitment and positive correlation showed a statistically significant difference. The study reviewed the impact on organizational socialization. The dental hygienist is believed to be on going research into developing more effective and systematic training programs so that they can be effectively socialized society organizations to improve the professional self-concept.
1. Kim CH, Lee HO, Lee SM. Clinical dental hygienist’s ethical dilemma and professionalism. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2011;11(3):345-52.
2. Yun HK, Kim HG. Effect of role function and personality characteristics of mentor on role stress and organization effectiveness of newly appointed dental hygienists. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2014;14(2):213-21. https://doi.org/10.13065/jdhs.2014.14.02.213
3. Chi SA, Yoo HS. Concept analysis of professional nurse autonomy. J Korean Acad Nurs 2001; 31(5):781-92.
4. Kwak MH. Professional self-concept and organizational socialization of new nurse[Master’s thesis]. Naju: Univ. of Dongshin, 2014.
5. Wi YM. Relationships between self-concept and achievement motivation of the middle school students[Master’s thesis]. Seoul: Univ. of Konkuk, 2003.
6. Kang YJ. A study on the professional self-concept of dental hygiene students and their satisfaction level with clinical practice. J Korean Acad Dent Hyg Edu 2009;9(1):73-84.
7. The Korea Employers Federation: New recruits college graduates work capacity assessment survey. The Korea Employers Federation, Seoul, 2014;1-12.
8. Kim HY, Kim HM, Lee JS, Lee SY. The influence of inservice training on organization socialization of new dental hygienists. J Dent Hyg Sci 2015;15(5):560-8. https://doi.org/10.17135/ jdhs.2015.15.5.560
9. Kim MS, Choi SO. Concept analysis of organizational socialization. J Korean Acad Nurs Adm 2003;9(4):19-30.
10. Kim WT, Kim IH. A study on the role of organizational subculture and leadership in the effectiveness of corporate culture through organizational socialization. Rev Bus Hist 1999; 14(1):193-223.
11. Kim MS, Choe SO. Conceptual analysis of the organizational socialization. J Korean Acad Nurs Adm 2003;9(3):19-30.
12. Oh HY, Jin KN. A study on emotional labor and burnout in dental hygienist. J Dent Hyg Sci 2013;13(1):71-6.
13. Arthur D. The development of an instrument for measuring the professional self-concept of nurses[Master’s thesis]. Australia: Univ. of Newcastle, 1990.
14. Song CH, Noh CH. An Analytical study of the professional self-concept of hospital nurses in Korea. J Korean Acad Nurs 1996;26(2):94-106.
15. Sohn IS, Kim HS, Kwon JS, Park DL, Han YH, Han SS. Development of an instrument to measure organizational socialization of new clinical nurses. J Korean Clin Nurs Res 2008; 14(3):84-97.
16. Kim SS, Noh CH, Han YS, Jeong KH. A study of the relationship between professional self concept and the opinion. Attitudes above the specialization regarding Korean nurses. J Korean Acad psychiatr Ment Health Nurs 1996;5(1):5-18.
17. Sung KW. A comparative study on main role, professional self concept and job satisfaction of public health nurses and clinical nurses. J Korean Acad Nurs 2002;32(2):219-30.
18. Sung MH, Kim YA, Ha MJ. The relationships of professional self-concept, professional autonomy and self-esteem to job satisfaction of clinical nurses. J Koran Acad Fundam Nurs 2011;18(4):547-55.
19. Jung JO, Song KS. A study on job stress and job satisfaction of dental hygienists working in dental clinics. J Dent Hyg Sci 2008;8(4):305-12.
20. Lee MJ, Kim YN, Lee SY. A study on factors affecting emotional labor of clinical dental hygienists. J Dent Hyg Sci 2015;15(2):113-8. https://doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2015.15.5.560