Department of Dental Hygiene, Shin-han University1
A study investigated the effect that a dental orthodontics treatment has on the social life and self-worth perceived by the patient. The study was conducted to collect information on patients worried about dental orthodontics in later life. A survey was conducted on patients with dental orthodontics living in Seoul and Gyeonggi-do, from December, 2016. Of the collected 200 aquatic samples, 182 were used for the analysis, corresponding to 91% of the collected data, while excluding 18 insufficient responses. Results: The difference in self-worth and perceived social life before and after dental orthodontic treatment were investigated. Self-worth increased by 0.53 points after dental orthodontics treatment. Perceived social life increased by 0.81 points after dental orthodontics treatment. The relationship between self-worth and perceived social life after dental orthodontics treatment was found to be closely correlated. The study provides information on people hoping for treatment in accordance with the insurance benefits that should be offered.
1. Lim CY, Oh HW. The relationship between oral health behaviors and periodontal health status of Korea adolescents. J Korean Acad Oral Health 2012;37:65-72. https://doi.org/10.11149/ jkaoh.2013.37.2.65
2. Walls AW, Steele JG, Sheiham A, Marcenes W, Moynihan PJ. Oral health and nutrition in older people. J Public Health Dent 2000;60(4):304-7.
3. Jang KA. School loss due to oral disease and the related factors for a middle schools and high schools in Busan. J Korean Acad Dent Hyg Educ 2009;9(4):784-94.
4. Ministry of Health and Welfare. Korea National Oral Health Survey 2012[Internet]. [cited 2016 Oct 22]. Available from: http://kostat.go.kr
5. Ministry of Health and Welfare. The 10th Korea youth risk behavior web-based survey 2014 [Internet]. [cited 2016 Oct 22]. Available from: http://yhs.cdc.go.kr
6. Park JH. Subjective oral symptoms between multicultural and ordinary Korean families; Adole-scents. J Korea Cont Soc 2015;15(9):374-83. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2015.15.09.374
7. Bae JS. Comparison study on the oral health behaviors of multicultural family adolescents and native family adolescents in Korea. Korean J Health Educ Promot 2014;31(5):71-9. https:// doi.org/10.14367/kjhep.2014.31.5.71
8. Statitstics Korea. Multicultural vital statistics 2013[Internet]. [cited 2016 Oct 22]. Available from: http://kostat.go.kr
9. Statitstics Korea. Multicultural vital statistics 2013[Internet]. [cited 2016 Oct 22]. Available from: http://kostat.go.krssss
10. Kim HR. Health problem and political subject of multicultural families. Korea Institute Health and Social Affairs 2013;185(15):1-8.
11. Namkoong EJ, Park DY, Jung SH, Ma DS. Oral health literacy of mothers belonging to multi- cultural families in Gangneung City: a case study. J Korean Acad Oral Health 2016;40(2):71-8. https://doi.org/10.11149/jkaoh.2016.40.2.71
12. Lim CY, Lee HS, Lee NG, Ju HJ, Lee SH, Oh HW. Utilization of dental care among mothers and children from multicultural families. J Korean Acad Oral Health 2014;38(2):111-7. https:// doi.org/10.11149/jkaoh.2014.38.2.111
13. Lee HL, Lee KH, La JY, Yan SY, Kim YH. Oral health behaviors of mothers and dental caries in children from multicultural families. J Korean Acad Pediatr Dent 2012;39(3):111-9. https:// doi.org/10.5933/JKAPD.2012.39.2.111
14. Cho WS, Chun JH, Choi MS, Lee JH, Lee HM, Yi JH, et al. Oral healthcare related characteristics of international marriage migrant women in Gyungsangnam-Do. J Korean Acad Oral Health 2011;35(4):432-40.
15. Locker D. Measuring oral health: A conceptual framework. Community Dental Health 1988; 5(1):5-13.
16. Lee MR, Choi JS. Relationship of self-perceived symptoms of periodontal disease to quality of life in adults. J Den Hyg Sci 2012;12(2):115-21.
17. Park JH. A comparative analysis of oral health behavior in adolescents between multicultural and ordinary Korean families. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2015;15(3):505-12. https://doi.org/ 10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.03.505.
18. Ma JK, Cho MJ. Effect of health behaviors on oral health in Korean adolescents. J Korean Acad Oral Health 2016;40(2):100-4. https://doi.org/10.11149/jkaoh.2016.40.2.100
19. Park JH, Kim CS. Relationship between health behavior and oral symptoms in Korean adole-scents. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2015;15(5):813-21. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.05.813